Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Twenty-two and a half years

May 30, 1992 - Salt Lake Temple

Twenty-two and a half years ago I was married in the Salt Lake Temple.  I remember it being a very hectic and busy day...but wonderful. Many of the details are now a blur, but I do remember the man who sealed us was named Brother Kjar, and that he counseled us to always pray together each night.

Although I grew up in the church and was taught to have a goal of being married in the temple, I'm not sure even at that moment that I really understood just how important it was.  I look back now, at my children and the many moments of trial and joy that we've had, and I'm so grateful that no matter what, we were sealed together as an eternal family.  I know that it has made a great difference in our lives.  It hasn't made us perfect...not my husband and I, nor our children...but somehow we always knew that we were bound together, and it has helped over the rough times.  I look at my kids now, the oldest on a mission and the others teenagers, and I see what good kids they are. I know that the covenants we have made in the temple, have been a great influence.

In D&C 128 we read of the Priesthood power that, "...binds on earth and binds in heaven." I am grateful to live at a time where the fullness of the Gospel has been restored, and I pray that I will always live worthy of the blessings of the temple that bind my family together forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment